Do you love creating bespoke WordPress websites? i.e. taking a beautiful design and creating a custom theme for a client with it? Or perhaps creating custom plugins? Well, this is how we like to do things at Complex Creative.
We are looking for a website developer who knows their way around WordPress really well, as that’s what we specialise in.
We’re a close team who all work together on projects, so we’re ideally looking for someone who feels the same. This role is ideal for someone who is interested in leading a development team when we expand.
We’d want the developer to work from our office during some projects and help out the more junior developers too. However, we’re flexible with our working.
All of our vacancies are office based, we are not currently hiring for remote positions.
40 hours per week
Your daily tasks will be different depending on what types of projects you’ll be working on but here are some typical responsibilities:
- Creating custom themes from Adobe XD files
- Building websites using our base theme and ACF
- Bug fixing on current client sites
- Helping quote for development projects
- Carrying out discovery for development projects
- Being the dev lead in client meetings
- Helping mentor and teach the more junior development staff
- Work with the design team to ensure pixel-perfect development
- Optimising WordPress sites for performance and sustainable web design
- Managing backend issues and database issues
These are the ideal requirements but not essential
- University degree
- 5 years’ experience in an agency
- Knowledgeable in PHP and mySQL
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to use debugging tools in Chrome or Firebug
- Fully comfortable with media queries to ensure seamless responsive design
- Sharing attitude to help inspire juniors to grow
- Ability to stick to deadlines
- Willingness to learn and grow
To apply for this role, please watch the video below and follow the instructions.